Tuesday, September 17, 2013

I'm thankful that a reality check is FREE


It was recently brought to my attention that there of some of my "so called friends" who think that it is their business to talk about me and my financial problems. Let me just clear the air...You don't know me; nor do you have any right to judge me and my situation!

For starters, I think it is just plain rude to talk about someone’s life struggles. You think I make good money for just sitting on my butt? You know nothing about me then...NOTHING!! 

I am a very open book and have put my life and my struggles out here for all to see. That does not mean that it is ok for you to belittle me. Like I said you don’t know me. You have no idea how much my paychecks are every payday. You don't know what I owe and who I make payments to. You know none of this, yet you still think it is ok to talk down about me. It is not ok!

These were my thoughts this weekend. I had so much anger at these people that I was a ticking bomb. I realize that I opened myself up to criticism by blogging about my life. And after a lot of praying and time alone I am thankful that I have "fake friends" in my life. Not only did they show their true colors and prevent me from ever trusting them again. But they helped me to see who I never want to become. I never want to be the kind of friend who is comfortable talking behind your back.

For those of you who know me personally know that I have always been very outspoken and not afraid to say what I am thinking. As a friend, I would never betray my friends trust by slandering them. That is not what friendship is about.

There are enough cruel people in this world; I don't need people like that in my life. So, after a thorough cleaning out of my "friends" list and some chocolate :), I am feeling much better.

Friendly word of advice, if you wouldn't want it done to you; don't do it to someone else! The Golden Rule definitely applies here.

Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment