Wednesday, September 11, 2013

Broke Momma Meghan

Hi. My name is Meghan and I have a problem!  No, I am not an alcoholic, but a financially challenged

individual. I am married and have 3 wonderful kids who are my entire world.  I live in the middle of
nowhere Missouri, if anyone ever wants to know where the Boondocks are, I will give you directions.
I was recently approached by my friend to start a blog and talk about being broke all the time. “What
the heck, I already do that as it is”. Therefore, here it is…

I have been poor, broke, lower class; whatever you might, call it my entire adult life.  I do not blame anyone for my circumstances; I just deal with the hand that has been dealt to me.  However, I definitely do not do it quietly.  I do not believe people who think that a person can change their destiny or improve their lives by simply wishing it to be.  I have worked hard my entire life and have very little to show for it. But I have a roof over my head and my kids are clothed and fed and to me that is a lot. I love my life, but I do not love all the financial hardships that I have been through.  I feel like I am a poster child for those get out of debt commercials.

“Are you stressed, have bill collectors calling day and night, can’t see the future because you’re drowning in the present”

YES! I use myself and my situation as an example to my kids.  I am constantly telling them to never do things the way I did them, I only pray they are listening. I am putting this out there because I want others to know that they aren't alone and that there are other normal people out there who have the same problems. Ok, maybe I exaggerated a tad when I called myself normal. This is a sounding board for me, a place to vent my frustrations and trials about debt and being broke. But it is also meant to be healing for me as well. I have the horrible tendency to bottle up and not let any of my problems out.  I realized that by doing this, it is really hurting me. Taking my pride down a notch and sharing these thoughts with you is a step towards coping for me. Therefore, with the hope that you have found a kindred spirit with who you can share your thoughts and emotions, I hope to see ya next time.
Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment